Mindo Chocolate Makers was born to bring high quality chocolate to local consumers in Ecuador, and over the last decade has expanded all over the state of Michigan and a handful of other states. Our mission is to protect and restore one of the most biodiverse countries in the world through sustainable cocoa farming in Ecuador. Over the last decade, we have strengthened the connection between heirloom, ethically-harvested cocoa and consumers of high-quality chocolate worldwide.
- Detail oriented
- Has at least 2 years of experience working with chocolate, baking or related products
- Maintains at all times a clean and sanitized workspace
- Highly organized and self motivated
- Able to identify problem areas, communicate with team members and find solutions
- Has a fine palate for tasting cacao and chocolate products
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with all team members
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to manage their emotions and communicate effectively
- Passionate about high quality chocolate and sustainability
- Maintain a highly efficient line of production to create batch chocolate, chocolate bars, specialty products, drinking chocolate, baked goods, bon-bons and all other products represented by Mindo Chocolate Makers’ brand.
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures for continual improvements to production systems and product quality.
- Conduct routine quality control to ensure each product is always meeting Mindo Chocolate Makers’ quality standards.
- Maintain accurate and thorough production logs.
- Complete monthly inventory and oversee daily inventory tasks and communications.
- Operate equipment and chocolate production machinery safely and carefully using established standard operating procedures.
- Maintain assigned work area, tools and equipment in a spotlessly clean, organized and professional manner.
- Complete purchasing requests and manage inventory of supplies.
- Maintain ServSafe certification up to date and post certificate.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay
- Vacation time
- Sick days
- Personal days
- Employee discounts
- Paid training in the production premium chocolate from an international award-winning craft chocolate factory
Job Title: Chocolate maker
Location: 11061 Trinkle Rd. Dexter, MI, 48130
Base pay: $19.00/hr, depending on experience
Employee type: Full Time Regular
Name: Emily Meza-Wilson