Here's our delicious chocolate cake recipe, as seen during Cooking With Cocktails Livestream on 9/17/2020
- 8 oz Mindo 67% or 77% Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (substitute any milk or 1/2 cup coffee)
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
Yield: Makes one 8-inch cake
- 4 ounces Mindo Chocolate Makers 100% baking chocolate (unsweetened)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Mindo Chocolate Makers cocoa powder plus additional for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of parchment and butter paper.
2. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate chunks with butter, stirring until smooth. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well. Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
3. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate. Dust cake with additional cocoa powder and serve. (Cake keeps, after being cooled completely, in an airtight container, 1 week.)
Adapted recipe from:
Gourmet Magazine| November 1997